**Great Pay! Manufacturing Quality Assurance Tech - 2nd Shift**
Asheville, NC 28804
Second Shift Quality Assurance Tech needed for busy Central Asheville Manufacturing Facility
Attention to detail a MUST and prior Quality experience preferred - APPLY TODAY!!
M - F, 3pm - 11pm
Monitor product quality through regular sampling of cards in active production and performing visual and quantitative tests, including barcode and mag stripe encoding quality. Ensure product matches the appropriate job instructions including artwork and data proofs. Manage line rejects. Prepare production reports and perform various computer data-entry tasks.
- Inspect product on the manufacturing floor and in the QA Lab
- Sample active production and perform qualitative and quantitative testing
- Audit manufacturing process compliance at different stages
- Follow job ticket information for the specifications of product and materials
- Use test equipment to evaluate characteristics of raw material and finished goods
- Use computer systems to track their time, activities, and product movements
- Work as part of the team to coordinate compliance to ship dates.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work well independently or in a team
- Excellent verbal skills to communicate with employees on the production floor and stop the production process when a defect or flaw is identified
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- High standard in computer literacy
- Ability to become technically competent in the manufacturing process to be managed
- Ability to prioritize work and work as a team to meet shared schedules
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is required to stand for extended period of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus, detect fine details, and discern colors and slight shade differences.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards. The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.