Columbia, SC 29202
A well known and renowned trucking company is looking for a Billing Specialist/Trainee. Great way to get your foot in the door and become hired with a company based upon your work performance. If you were to become hired with this company you will be offered an excellent health benefit package as well as a 401K. Apply today at atwork.com/Columbia or email your resume with attention to Michael Miller at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Billing Trainee’s primary responsibility is to learn to accurately transfer information from the customer’s bill of lading document into the billing system in an efficient and timely manner. Once classroom training is completed, Billing Trainees have a 90 day period over which to meet and maintain the minimum acceptable performance levels. During this time bills for each shift are divided among Billing Specialists and Billing Trainees, and all bills for the entire shift must be completed before the shift ends. Accordingly, when a Billing Trainee has completed transferring the bills for which the employee is initially responsible each shift, the employee will be required to assist with any other bills, assigned to other employees or not, that need to be transferred to complete the shift’s work. As such, shifts will often end at different times, exceed 9 hours, and overtime is mandatory when needed. Given the time sensitive nature of completing all of a shift’s work, and the requirement to maintain minimum acceptable performance levels within 90 days of initial training, employee attendance, both daily and throughout each shift, is critical to avoid undue hardship to other employees and disruption of normal business operations.
- Progresses toward quality standards of 90% and progresses to at least 35 quality bills per hour within 90 days of initial training.
- Regular attendance for duration of shift.
- Maintains accurate records of customer billing requirements along with a working knowledge of the customer master file.
- Participates in the team/department related initiatives designed to improve customer service and the work environment in general.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the Freight Bill Entry Manual and participates in periodic evaluations for the purpose of enhancement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Successful completion of the Freight Bill Entry training program required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor (appearance and behavior)
- Familiarity with basic personal computer operations required