Birmingham, AL 35210
Our Client is an International Construction and Manufacturing company within the Thermal Process Controls and Furnace Design field.
We are currently seeking experienced Structural Fitters for their Birmingham Headquarters.
*This company has a strong benefit package for full time employees including:
health/dental/vision, long term / short term disability, vacation time, 401k 100% match up to 6% (immediately vetted for full time employees), and two paid volunteer days a year (2 paid days to volunteer in the community)
Fabricates and assembles structural or plate metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, ductwork, handrails, platforms, and metal parts for industrial furnaces and other heavy industrial equipment according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints. Creates layout and outlines sequence of operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions of the position.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
• Responsible for operating safely and efficiently.
• Verifies conformance of work piece to specifications, using squares, levels, measuring tape and other measuring devices.
• Read blueprints
• Assemble parts via tack welding or bolting
• Add bracing for welding as necessary.
• Fill out travelers, sign and date them.
• Put all layout lines on and have them inspected. All center lines on round pipes and cylinders will be center punched before any fitting begins.
• Check all dimensions on parts and remove all slag, dirt, rust, and oil from the metals before Fitting.
• Fit up will not have more than 1/32” gap and/or more than 1/16” out of tolerance without supervisor approval.
• Clean all dog marks and broken tacks from the member prior to QC inspection.
• Put all weld symbols on the assembly and lay out all skip welds while only tacking in the weld zones.
• Assist in all parts of fabrication and housekeeping
• Keep the work area neat and organized.
- Recommended 5 years experience or a combination of certified training and work experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must pass a background and drug screening