Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale is seeking an experienced Tower Foreman for a Telecommunication company located in Birmingham, AL.
- Direct Hire
- $21 plus BOE
SUMMARY: The Tower Foreman must have an expert level of understanding with all aspects of the Wireless Industry. The person in this position will be expected to maintain full control of their crews production and lead by example. They will utilize the tower lead to develop and plan out the complete build of the site. This person will verify a high quality of deliverables for SOW and will identify change orders, possible obstacles and safety concerns which may prevent timely completion of site work. This person will work with the supervisor to establish achievable scheduling and goal as determined by management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Must have an emphasis and higher understanding of:
- Capstan operations, Crane signaling, Rigging, Steel work, hanging booms, antennas and shooting azimuths.
- Microwave installation and alignment.
- Understand full quality and safety procedures.
- Developed management skills in running their team in day to day operations.
- Expert in reading CD’s, Blue prints, RFDS and Structural Analysis Reports.
- Expert in full Closeout Package process including photos and forms.
- Expert level of knowledge with testing equipment such as Anritsu, PIM, RET and Fiber Testing.
- Foreman will be responsible for Closeout Package deliverables to the Closeout team.
- Foreman will be responsible for production reporting, hours, time off, new or damaged equipment needs to the management team.
- All crew tools equipment and vehicles are expected to be cared for as part of a daily process.
- Submit all required daily and weekly paperwork including JSAs, weekly safety topics and crane and heavy machinery forms.
- Minimum 2 Years Tower and Telecommunications Experience Required.
- Technical Understanding and Ability.
- Current Certifications.
- Desire to Succeed and Learn New Skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills and be able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Willing to relocate.
- Travel 1-2 weeks but limited per projects
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a Background Check, DOT Physical and Drug Screening.
- Office and outside in all weather conditions.