San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Applies principles of general accounting in the preparation of monthly journal entries, including supporting documentation and account reconciliations. Prepares various journal entries and reconciliations. Researches variances and prepares special reports, as requested by management.
- Performs monthly closing process and prepares various month-end journal entries and supporting documentation, including expense accruals and balance sheet adjustments.
- Maintains integrity of balance sheet accounts through review and reconciliation of account activity and balances for accuracy and Works with other departments to clear reconciling items in a timely manner. Gathers affiliate company support for reconciliations.
- Responsible for payroll related general ledger accounts for all companies, including preparing payroll journal entries and reconciliations of related balance sheet accounts. Coordinates with Human Resources payroll personnel and Treasury personnel to research and resolve outstanding items.
- Responsible for fixed asset related general ledger accounts for all companies, including maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger with related additions, disposals, etc. Prepares the fixed asset roll forward, on a monthly basis.
- Performs a variety of accounting projects, as requested by management.
- Prepares special reports and research items from financial reports, as requested by management.
- Assists with the monthly preparation and analysis of various business units’ profit and loss reporting.
- Prepares audit schedules, confirmations, and provides auditors with information requests and file retrievals.
- Prepares internal schedules for the Tax Department.
- Cross-trains with peers in department to cover during outages.
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelors of Business Administration from an accredited college or four-year university required.
- Minimum of three (3) year of experience required.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to type 40 WPM.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.