Jacksonville, FL 32246
Responsible for performing various accounts payable, accounts receivable and administrative assignments in accordance with company internal controls and departmental policies and procedures.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 9 am - 6 pm
- Input vendor invoices and other accounts payable requests according to department procedures (Purchase orders, non purchase orders, credit memos/miscellaneous deductions, etc.).
- Collect, match and input company credit card purchase receipts, invoices or payment requests; Reconcile entries to monthly company credit card statements & resolve variances within specified timelines;
- Perform monthly payment clearing process
- Perform vendor maintenance process according to department policy and procedure (new vendor set up, update existing vendor records); Ensure proper authorization and documentation is on file prior to adding or changing vendor records in the SAP system
- Perform accounts receivable cash application posting process within specified timelines; Includes posting customer payments received by check, credit card, ach or wire; Resolve cash posting issues/payment variances with Collections department.
- Address customer payments returned by the bank in a timely manner
- Audit & approve expense reports according to company policies, procedures and timelines
- Address expense report questions from employees in a courteous, knowledgeable, and timely manner
- Coordinate resolution of non compliant expense reimbursements
- Perform administration tasks including general system and user profile maintenance
- Conduct employee training
- Generate ad hoc reporting using the Concur Cognos reporting tool
- Perform daily extract to SAP and balance nightly interface totals; Coordinate and escalate variances or system issues.
- Perform Motus system administration duties including user profile maintenance and generating ad hoc reports upon request
- Address questions or issues from employees in a courteous, knowledgeable and timely manner; escalate non-routine situations to Motus support team or management as needed
General Accounting Responsibilities
- Prepare and distribute the daily loan balance and/or weekly cash reports
- Perform fullcycle cash disbursement processes according to department policy and procedure; Includes initiating domestic and international payments by check, ach and/or wire, voiding/canceling payments, and internally clearing payments; Match remittance
- documentation to payments; Maintain department payment registers to record all payments issued or voided/canceled
- Perform desktop check deposit process.
- Accurately perform the Canadian customer check deposit process; Confirm all deposits are properly credited into the company’s bank account
- Complete the monthly bank statement reconciliation process and balance to the general ledger; Resolve variances timely; Prepare and maintain bank statement reconciliation reports for management and in conjunction with audit retention requirements Address pre and/or post payment discrepancies within a timely manner
- Perform weekly/monthly reconciliations, process payments and report on internal and external vendors
- Complete required general ledger journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations within specified timelines
- Accurately maintain data plan master file reimbursement templates; Perform the monthly payment file upload process within specified timelines
- Monitor and address incoming emails to the accounts payable, vendor set up and accounting email boxes
- Assists as needed with Company audits
- Perform month end procedures and other departmental job duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years accounts payable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience in SAP
- Basic mathematical concepts (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Adhere and support companies quality and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to retrieve and interpret documentation.
- Able to work in a team setting and independently under minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally as well as externally.
- Problem solving & Decision Making / Adaptability & Flexibility
- High level of customer service displaying positive attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.