San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Develops and maintains our customer interfacing applications and core internal integrations. Works within self-organized teams to ensure software is built to customer expectations.
- Maintains existing systems and fix defects, as necessary.
- Automates processes to improve efficiency.
- Builds tools to eliminate repetitive tasks.
- Participates in self-organizing teams working toward a common goal.
- Responds to issues as they arise and partner with Systems Assurance Group to improve monitoring.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
What you will get:
- Team oriented environment working with multi-disciplinary Agile teams – Scrum and Kanban
- Highly motivated business team
- Excellent benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or four-year university or equivalent experience required.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have exposure to external data storage systems, such as files shares, databases, flat files, etc.
- Must be familiar with team development tools and source control, i.e. Visual Studio, TFS, CVS, JIRA, GIT, etc.
- Must be familiar with and working toward improving working knowledge of OOP, SOLID, and design patterns.
- Must be familiar with the principles of SDLC and separation of duties.
- Must be able to participate in operational support and on-call rotation.
- Must be able to write and assess performance of basic SQL queries.
- Must be able to keep up-to-date on the latest testing methods and technologies to producing high-quality software.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.