New York, NY
We have a client looking for a Benefits Analyst to join its NYC team and support its Health and Welfare department.
- Assist in the administration of the benefit process for US and Canadian employees, including enrolling new employees, explaining benefit options, mediating benefit eligibility issues, and general customer service for the purpose of ensuring benefit plan compliance.
- Assist the Director of Benefits along with the benefits brokers to analyze claim trends and identify opportunities/solutions.
- Assist in various data leads, including compiling, analyzing and reporting on benefits data including employee contributions, employer expense and adjustments.
- Review benefit deductions on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of benefit enrollment and deductions. Coordinate benefit premium arrears including reporting, communication and payroll adjustments to ensure all benefit premiums are appropriately paid for both the US and Canadian health plans.
- Assist in annual benefits open enrollment process, including planning meetings, system modifications, testing and employee education.
- Manage benchmarking and survey process to help maintain benefit competitiveness.
- Perform regular audits of benefits to ensure program is being administered according to plan guidelines.
- Ensure benefits vendor file feed integrations run smoothly and accurately. Resolves issues with the system and integrations.
- Primary contact for all claim issues and plan document interpretation. Serve as the subject matter expert for internal and external benefits administration under the general direction and guidance of the Director of Benefits.
- Provide administrative support during 401(k) quarterly meetings including scheduling, material preparation, and minute taking and communication materials.
- Assist with Benefit project initiatives as needed, including supporting the team with the annual wellness and financial wellness initiatives.
As a Benefits Analyst you are a:
- Creative thinker – You are curious and unafraid to ask questions
- Hard worker – You are industrious and diligent in everything you do
- Innovator – You are willing to initiate changes and introduce new ideas
Your experience includes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in Benefits Administration is required
- Experience with Workday HRIS System or other major HRIS System required, specifically in system configuration, set-up, functionality, and reporting.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA rules and regulations as they apply to retirement and health and welfare plans and the ability to apply that knowledge to plan administration and compliance enforcement.
- Knowledge of FMLA, Worker’s Compensation, and ADA. (Preferred but Not required)
- Data entry and clerical/administrative required
- Working knowledge of Excel, specifically VLookup, and Pivot Tables
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities required
- Ability to manage and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively verbally and in writing
AtWork Personnel prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristics