Business Improvement Leader
Miramar, FL 33027
The Business Improvement Leader reports to the Quality and Engineering Director and functionally to the General Manager. The position requires interaction with the shop to manage continuous improvement plan of the company. This position requires exercising independent judgment and a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
The selected applicant will have demonstrated experience successfully leading projects resulting in measurable improvements (continual in-process and preventative).
- Establish management and measurement systems to identify areas of business performance gaps. Plan improvement activities to close the gaps
- Lead cross-functional teams through Lean / DMAIC, Continuous and Process Improvement efforts
- Provide organization development through training, teaching, coaching, mentoring of Leaders and employees
- Report Continuous Improvement metrics and trends routinely to the Leadership team
- Regularly perform benchmark analysis with Parent Companies and recommend strategies to improve productivity, improve quality or reduce costs
- Bachelor’s of Science degree from and accredited institution in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial) or Business Degree. Master’s of Business degree from and accredited institution is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in management position.
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Manufacturing/Repair Improvement and with Quality related project
- Strong experience in aerospace manufacturing or aerospace repair environment
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean methodology; certified preferred.
- Must be open to travel as needed
- Solid understanding of receiving inspection processes including statistical sampling, component measurement techniques, specifications and drawings.
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making skills required with thorough working knowledge of Quality systems methods and practices (DOE, PFMEA, Control Plans, Lean Manufacturing concepts, DMAIC, Root Cause Analysis, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Hands-on approach to troubleshoot and resolve quality related issues
- Detail and Quality focused with strong organization, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization
- Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven
- Assertive, solutions focused, strategic and statistically oriented
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal and management skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office – Excel Macro
- Experience working in FAA/EASA Organization – knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations
- Experience in coaching LEAN Projects and six sigma events
- Holds Black Belt certification or equivalent and demonstrated success in leading change and transformation efforts
- Implementation experience with SPC and process capability
- Ability to integrate business and financial objectives into decision making