CNC Machinist - Lead
Sacramento, CA 95815
AtWork is seeking a CNC Machinist-Lead for our customer in Sacramento CA. This position is a possible direct hire position depending on background and experience.
Primary Job Function:
Assigns tasks, supervises and trains Machine Operators to perform setups and programing of CNC machines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and supervise CNC machine operators in daily responsibilities and procedure enforcement consisting but not limited to: required documentation, tool life maintenance, daily machine maintenance requirements, Q.C. adjustments and machine error tracking etc.
- Participate in the creatation of the daily machine schedule providing feedback to feasibility, flow and operator capacity. Ensure all machines are running in accordance with the daily published schedule.
- Problem solving. / Component Quality: Coordinate directly with QC department to validate part quality from QC reports. For any non-conforming issues, validate part setup, tool builds, fixture requirements and machine geometry and coordinate data with QC and Manufacturing Engineering to achieve the required resolution and expected quality.
- Using the forecasted machine schedule, proactively verify the machines are configured correctly with appropriate tooling, available tool life, and fixtures as required to meet the forecasted production schedule.
- Develop, implement and evaluate SOP's and WI's to maintain, troubleshoot, and improve processes related to: Machine maintenance, operator procedures, tooling procedures, presetting procedures etc.
- Responsible for communication with Machine Shop Manager of any critical machine or machine operator issues.
- Directs and assigns tasks to EME Technicians/Lead Technician to support maintenance and engineering job requirements.
- Minimum of 4 years of working experience in CNC manufacturing or engineering
Ability to read and understand component technical manuals
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.