Columbia, SC 29210
We are seeking dependable, innovative candidates who work confidently and independently. CNC machinists can expect to work with both software and hardware, conduct tests and inspections of products, services and software systems, and repair faulty programs and machinery. You should have an above average aptitude for trigonometry, geometry, statistics and algebra, excellent computer and interpersonal communication skills, physical stamina and a keen interest in production and processing.
To be successful as a CNC machinist you should be creative, perceptive, detail-oriented and an active learner. Top candidates will have exceptional critical thinking, time management and communication skills, an ability to handle complex machines and tools, and a willingness to lead by example in the workplace.
- Writing and interpreting instructions and procedures to assemble equipment and products accurately.
- Getting information from all relevant sources.
- Welding and drafting.
- Controlling machines and processes.
- Performing inspections of equipment, structures, materials and products.
- Analyzing information and finding the best solutions to problems.
- Maintaining clear and honest communication at all times.
- Keeping the work environment safe.
- Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.