**TOP PAY - ALL SHIFTS - GREAT BENEFITS**
$15 - $25/HR
Central Asheville Machining company wants to help you start or grow in your CNC Machine Operator career
-401K and much more...
See below and call or email us today for more details and to schedule an interview!
Second Shift: 3pm-11pm
Third Shift: 11pm-7am
CNC Machine Operator Job Description:
- Performs a wide variety of duties to set up and operate CNC machines.
- Writes and edits programs as needed to meet overall part tolerance requirements.
- Requires basic knowledge of various metal and of measurements used in machining processes in order to provide technical leadership and assist in training less experienced machinist.
- Understands all aspects of operating machines (every switch/button)
- Handles change overs without assistance, has the ability/understanding of CNC machine logic, able to write basic programs, post-edit CNC programs to fine-tune processes for optimal performance and is able to read, find errors and troubleshoot programs.
- Capable of setting up jobs, running jobs and inspecting parts.
- Possesses basic math and problem solving abilities.
- Reads prints to recognize specifications for various surfaces being machined.
- Works from prints and determine operational sequences; select tools, spindle speeds, tool feed rates and chucking/holding requirements in accordance with materials.
- Inspects work pieces at beginning of and throughout production run to insure part meets tolerance requirements.
- Inspects and understands when to replace cutting tools.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use all necessary measuring tools in order to assure conformance to print.
- Understands and verifies tolerances for machined surfaces.
- Detects worn tools and replaces tooling as appropriate.
- Establish proper tool offsets and make necessary adjustments.
- Performs preventative maintenance as needed on assigned equipment.
CNC Machine Operator Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED
Provide your own tools
Basic knowledge of mathematics