Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale is seeking an experience Civil Technician for a Telecommunication company located in Birmingham, AL.
- Direct Hire
- $18 plus BOE
SUMMARY: The Civil Technician is responsible for supporting his crew during wireless cell site construction. Taking direction from the Civil Foreman, this individual will have the ability to build a site based on set of plans, Methods of Procedure (MOPs) and Bill of Materials (BOMs) provided. Candidate must be willing to operate hand tools, power tools, and other construction equipment and machinery on a daily basis in all outdoor weather environments. All duties must be performed in accordance with OSHA and other worker safety standards with keeping high quality, accountability and budget timelines in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work on and around electrical components including but not limited to conduit installations, cabling, grounding and various connectors.
- Perform form setting and site layout.
- Safely operate heavy machinery for compaction and welding etc.
- Perform basic concrete carpentry.
- Prepare materials for daily projects, preps truck and trailer with necessary items to complete scheduled build.
- Successfully complete formal and on-the-job training.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving history.
- Class A CDL a plus.
- Telecommunications experience ideal.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Technical Understanding/Ability
- Use equipment and facilities properly including maintenance of tools and work sites.
- Ability to use the range of operations of GPS, computer, camera and other technical equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carryout instructions.
- Requires the ability to stoop, crawl, bend at knees and waist, lift equipment and tools, etc.
- Desire to succeed and learn new skills.
- OSHA 10 Construction Training a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, acute attention to detail; managing priorities and workflow.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Full Benefit Package, 401K program, and opportunities for advancement in a rapidly growing industry with a financially stable company.
- Employment is dependent on the successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Sit for prolonged periods.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Travel 70 to 100 percent.
- Outside in all weather conditions.
- Noise encountered from heavy equipment use on job site.