Class A CDL Truck Driver
Birmingham, AL 35210
AtWork Personnel Services - Irondale is seeking experienced Class A CDL Drivers for a Grocery Distribution Service located in Bessemer, AL.
Home most nights!
• Competitive pay • Bonus potential -Paid holidays and vacation • 40 Hour minimum guaranteed*
• Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company match, Life Insurance, AD&D, Critical Illness, LTD, STD •
Must be able to drive a 10 speed. All of our drivers must get out of the tractor to assist with the unloading process. All drivers will have more than one stop and a possible backhaul. All drivers are on call. Drivers do not have a set schedule. They will get 5 working days and 2 off days. If we are really busy, it may be 6 working days. All hours of service rules will be followed. Drivers will get a call on their cell phone each afternoon they have a run. Drivers will pick up their tractors and trailers at night and deliver during the morning hours. Most of our drivers are home each afternoon but there is the occasional layover. We have direct payment contracts with several hotels. Drivers will also serve on warehouse duty from time to time. This means they come in and sit in the breakroom for 4 hours to cover for any other drivers that call in. If a driver has made himself available for a full week, not called in, not asked for an off day, and we are still unable to pay them for 40 hours, we will pay them anyway. This is our 40 hour guarantee.
- Class A CDL License required
- Must be able to drive a 10 speed
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- At least 6 months of verifiable on the road experience in a Tractor Trailer
- Safe driving record
- Steady employment history with good references
- Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening