Altamonte Springs , FL 32714
The Contract Analyst performs a variety of duties relating to assisting in the preparation and review of contracts and related documents in support of legal requirements for Health Care Partners and business interests. In partnership with appropriate departments, prepares, analyzes, reviews and projects business outcomes for new and renewal of contracts. With direction from the VP of Finance, may be asked to negotiate terms and conditions of contracts. The Contract Analyst assists with the preparation of contracts for submission to appropriate Contract Review Personnel for review and approval and adheres to the company’s Corporate Compliance, Tax, and Legal policies and procedures. Review all payments made to physicians to verify all are correct, compliant, and supported through current executed contracts. Individual will also assist with maintaining the electronic contract database and files and helps to manage the contract work flow through all areas. May perform other related duties as delegated. Minimal supervision required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Has scope over all contracts; including but not limited to Physician Employment Contracts, Physician Services Contracts, all other professional services contracts, leases of all types within health care system and vendor contacts as deemed necessary.
· Assist in the preparations and review of contracts and related documents for health care system.
· Prepares, analyzes, reviews and projects business outcomes for new and renewal of contracts.
· Evaluates contracts for opportunities to improve business terms and conditions.
· May be asked to negotiate terms and conditions of contracts as directed by the VP of Finance.
· Assists with preparation of contracts for submission to Compliance Department for review and approval.
· Reviews all payments made to physicians to verify accuracy and documented through current executed contracts.
· Assists with maintaining the electronic contract database and files and manages the contract workflow.
· Uses discretion when discussing personnel and compensation and other related confidential issues.
· Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills; maintains required level of confidentiality; interacts effectively with employees at all levels.
· Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
· Attends/participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required including but not limited to department Huddles, annual education, safety training, Town Halls, etc. Can demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, disaster procedure regulations and National Patient Safety Goals as presented in orientation, outlined in safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
· Demonstrates the ability to communicate
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Contract Management Experience
· Contract Administration Experience
· Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Working knowledge of current health care law
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 1 to 2 Years of Position-Related Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Registered Paralegal or Paralegal Certification
· Master’s Degree
Please submit a resume or give us a call at (407) 203-7339 for immediate consideration.