Cost & Planning Estimator - Aerospace Manufacturer
Placentia, CA 92870 Placentia, CA 92870
A precision contract manufacturing company with ISO 9001 & AS9100 certifications is seeking an experienced Machine Shop Cost Estimator. This is a great place to work.
- Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Consult with vendors, customers, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Work with customers and staff to produce acceptable quotations.
- Perform closed job reviews.
- Seek vendors for specialized services, obtain costs and lead time for all outside process to support bid preparation.
- Develop nonrecurring costs (tooling / programming).
- 5 years of experience in estimating or machine shop environment.
- Must be proficient in SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- Ability to read and clearly understand engineering drawings.
- Proficient computer skills, MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Act as liaison between customer, engineers, subcontractors, internal production, and sales team.
- GD&T knowledge.
- BS Degree in a related manufacturing discipline or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be US citizen or legal permanent resident because we are an ITAR registered facility.