Customer Care Manager
6999 Mcpherson Road , Unit 323 Laredo, TX 78041
Reporting to the Vice President of the Appliance Business Unit, the Customer Care Manager would be responsible for establishing the customer service organization from the bottom up with an initial objective of building a proactive, professional customer service team. Under the Manager’s leadership, the centralized team would be the primary link between Customers, Account Management/Sales and our factories. Establishing clearly defined channels of communication and information sharing will be crucial. In addition, this individual would be responsible for the on-going development, training and growth of the team to ensure that the latest customer service techniques, practices and collaboration tools are introduced and integrated into the group.
- At least 10 years working for a manufacturing company functioning in a customer service leadership role (e.g. Director level or higher).
- Experience building and managing a customer service organization.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational awareness. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to top management, customers, and employees.
- Strong understanding and experience in the “end to end” order to ship process including forecasting, material planning, product planning/scheduling, shipping and customer delivery. Customer Service will be responsible for updating and managing customer order forecasts.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of latest customer support software and collaboration tools to help front-line representatives be more effective and efficient with customers.
- Development and on-going monitoring of key metrics in order to measure customer service performance within the organization/company on a continuous basis (e.g. Response to Resolution Time, Customer Wait Time, and overall Customer Satisfaction).
- Experience developing training curriculum (thru internal and external resources) to ensure reps are equipped with the latest customer engagement techniques and skills for handling conflict resolution and other challenging scenarios (e.g. capacity constraints, production interruptions, shipping discrepancies, etc.).
- Help establish a closer linkage between customer service, sales, and plant personnel (e.g. product planners) in order to drive improved communications and responsiveness with customers and ownership of critical order, production and delivery information. Must be able to handle a large and diverse group of customers.
- Ability to jump into “the trenches” and connect directly with customers when direct management intervention is required to help resolve customer issues.
- Development of strategic plan to ensure customer care organization keeps up with latest customer service trends while ensuring critical investments in tools, training and personnel are planned and executed as the company grows.
- Knowledge and experience working with ERP systems, experience with Plex or SAP a plus.
- BA/BS degree; MBA or Masters in Customer Experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English languages.
Our client is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
*This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Customer Service Management experience do you have?
- How many years of ERP Systems experience do you have?
- How many years of Manufacturing Industry experience do you have?
- How many years of SAP or PLEX experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?