Engineering Data Support/BOM Specialist
Provision of Reliable Data
- Responsible on a daily basis for providing reliable data that will serve as a tool/reference for a smooth flow of work among the departments by ensuring the accuracy of BOM and routings.
- Creates part numbers based on drawings.
- Updates/Changes BOM in accordance with system (BAAN) requirements after the ECN has been accepted and prior to the effective dates.
- Checks “where-used” and validates every part number to be marked “obsolete”
- Maintains part number maintenance as required.
- Adds newly approved color into BAAN and attach to generic parts.
- Adjusts/updates BOM, phantom, description, selection, and signal codes as requested by other departments.
- Performs BOM audits and resolve any discrepancies.
Support Product Launches
- Responsible for participating in the launching of new products by developing product configuration and structure using BAAN
- Reviews and understands product configuration through PPG
- Collaborates with product designers for clear understanding of new products
- Prepares product mapping including features and options based on PPG
- Prepares product nomenclature for customized finished goods
- Prepares BOM mapping with top kits and constraints
- Creates all part numbers (purchased, manufactured, and generic parts)
- Attaches BOM generic item data and product features to finished good code
- Creates BOM structure and constraint
- Tests all product configurations and combinations.
- Prepares and maintains product structuring (using VISOs, Lucid Charts)
- Accountable for assisting in the successful implementation of Engineering Change Notice (ECN) by entering detailed BOM to reflect product specifications and cost/process improvements as specified on the ECN.
- Helps coordinate the implementation intent of every ECN
- Creates part numbers based on drawings provided by Product Development
- Reviews and ensures that all fields in the item master are properly set up
- Produce routing and new ECN documentation
- Runs the session to calculate each new manufactured item (manual)
- Updates the low level code for each part number (manual)
- Assigns signal code for every created part number. After ECN is released, manually removes signal code of each part number.
- Regenerates all existing work orders in the system to capture new part numbers or replace obsolete parts as specified in ECNs
Special Product Requests
- Responsible for satisfying customer requests by creating BOM for special products and service orders in a timely manner.
- Assists Customer Service personnel in identifying correct parts to replace claims.
- Creates service part numbers (internal)
- Creates BOM for special orders.
- Checks customized BOMs after customer service has entered the special and service orders
- Randomly checks customized BOMs for accuracy.
Continuous Improvement & Data Reporting
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities within the departments. Implementation of Lean foundational blocks of Identification of Waste, 5S, Standard Work, and Visual Management. Participates in Kaizen Events and takes on roles of subject matter expert where appropriate. Participates in value stream map creation and goal setting for the department product lines.
- Maintains records for ongoing projects and provide progress reports as requested.
Your Qualifications & Experience...
College or University degree in Engineering or equivalent education, training, and work experience. Preferably a Process, Mechanical, Industrial or even Computer Science Engineer.
1-3 years of relevant experience in commercial furniture manufacturing or other production environment. Demonstrated knowledge of: Manufacturing practices and processes, engineering information systems, and project management.
The Pay and Benefits...
- Competitive Salary based on experience with continued growth
- Excellent health benefits - medical. dental, and vision
- 401K with excellent match
- A challenging work environment with a growing company!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Data Management: 2 years (Required)
- ERP: 2 years (Required)
- Production Environment: 2 years (Required)
- Visio and Lucid Charts: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)