Desktop Support Technician
New York, NY
We have a client looking for a Desktop Support Technician to join its NYC team. The Desktop Support position provides technical assistance to a large and varied end-user population both on-site and remote day-to-day. This role will interface with executives, power users, novice computer users and everything in-between. Support responsibilities include desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, video conferencing, audio conferencing, software and user training.
- Provide end user executive support for any technical issues including but not limited to the desktop, phones, mobile devices, network and application.
- Work closely with all levels of IT to quickly resolve issues.
- Identify, track, troubleshoot and diagnose ongoing issues; provide recommendations, communicate effectively and follow through on resolution
- Identify and provide (when applicable) training for users.
- Setup, support and maintain fleet of computers, laptops, terminals, and printers.
- Keep computers current with OS version as well as all applications installed.
- Identify, diagnose, solve and/or track to resolution hardware and software problems.
- Differentiate between hardware and software problems.
- Provide coaching, training, and telephone/on-site support to end users.
- Test and evaluate hardware and software as assigned.
- Conduct project related research as assigned.
- Write, review and/or maintain technical documentation for administration tasks and for installation and configuration of software and hardware.
- Identify and procure computer equipment, phones, printers and mobile devices based on needs identified via interview from list of provided standards.
- Study, understand and effectively communicate IT policies, procedures and standards to all levels of employees.
- Provide support for video conference, mobile devices and IP telephony (VOIP) systems.
- Provide administrative support and management for active directory and Citrix based accounts or large office.
Perform other duties as assigned
- In addition to regularly scheduled hours and responsibilities, IT staff and management are frequently required to assist on special projects and emergencies. This includes, but is not limited to, regularly scheduled evening or early morning maintenance and emergency response at any time (24x7x365). These additional responsibilities are an essential function of the job and are required to ensure continuous operations and minimize disruption to end-users.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field desirable
- Minimum of 1-5 years experience in Desktop Support preferred
- Minimum of 1- 3 years experience supporting Windows preferred
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist certification is a plus
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager or other desktop management systems desirable
- Deep understanding and familiarity with Microsoft desktop operating systems and productivity applications
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting PC's
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent customer relationship skills required
- The ability to work with a small, highly agile team
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and strategies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
AtWork Personnel is an award-winning staffing firm and prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristics.