New York, NY
A large community hospital in Manhattan is looking for a high-quality Dietitian in their food and nutrition services department. The hospital provides culturally-sensitive care in a welcoming and hospitable setting, emphasizing primary care medicine and utilizing the latest advances in medical science.
1. Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures, to assure the highest quality of nutritional care to patients
2. Take diet histories, formulates nutritional assessments, care and discharge plans, and provides follow-up care and patient education. Documents all care appropriately in the patients' medical record.
3. Participate in team rounds, discharge planning and other appropriate patient care meetings. Consult with members of the health care team and communicates utilizing SBAR.
4. Maintain patient kardex, database and other records with current accurate information as required
5. Conduct meal rounds to observe patient food intake and intervenes as appropriate
6. Educate patients, family members and/or significant others on normal and therapeutic diet requirement based upon patients' needs
7. Provide group education to patients, employees, students and health care team members as directed
8. Report problems to immediate supervisor and recommends ways to improve nutritional services
9. Establishes rapport with all members of the health care team and within the department in order to assure good public relations and quality nutritional care to patients
10. Attend all departmental meetings, in-services, and trainings as directed
11. Participate in the development and implementation of quality assurance activities as assigned
12. Participate in menu planning
13. Assist in orientation, training, supervision and evaluation of nutrition students
14. Establish and maintain relationships with community organizations to enhance services for population served by the hospital
15. Remain current in knowledge by completing continuing education in nutrition, clinical dietetics, food service management and related areas as appropriate in order
16. Perform other related duties as required. May conduct mother's classes, diabetic classes and also be involved in community health fairs
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE HERE and scroll to the bottom-right to create a NEW Login ID. Only qualified applicants will be contacted and we appreciate your interest. Thank you.
For appointment to Assignment Level I
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in Dietetics or Foods and Nutrition in a program approved by the American Dietetic Association (ADA); or,
2. Registration or eligibility for registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
For appointment to Assignment Level II
1. Registration or eligibility for registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
For appointment to Assignment Levels III and IV
1. Registration by the CDR as a Registered Dietitian or New York State Certification as a Dietitian-Nutritionist.
Special Note for Dietitians assigned to Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility:
Under the Medicare and Medicaid Programs, Reform of Requirements for Long-Term Care Facilities, as outlined in Section 483.60 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations all newly-hired Dietitians, Levels I-IV assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility, are required to have New York State Certification, issued by the New York State Education Department (NYSED), as a Dietitian-Nutritionist at the time of hire. Dietitians, Levels I-IV hired prior to November 28, 2016, assigned to a Post-Acute Care (Long-Term Care) facility are required to obtain New York State Certification, issued by the NYSED, as a Dietitian-Nutritionist on or before November 28, 2021.
How To Apply
YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE HERE and scroll to the bottom-right to create a NEW Login ID. Only qualified applicants will be contacted and we appreciate your interest. Thank you.
AtWork Personnel is an award-winning staffing firm and prohibits discrimination against any applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Like AtWork Personnel Manhattan on Facebook.