Columbia, SC 29201
AtWork Personnel is seeking an experienced dispatcher for our client near downtown Columbia.
Receives orders from and arranges for the delivery of concrete to customers in a timely, accurate
and courteous manner. Coordinates daily workload with plant personnel. Interacts with
customers, plant personnel and drivers. Maintains complete and accurate documentation of
records, reports and sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes products sales orders from customers for concrete and/or material orders
- Efficiently schedules drivers, to ensure timely and correct delivery of concrete and/or materials to customers
- Ensures each job order has the correct raw material mix design according to the specifications submitted by the customer
- Encourages a positive working relationship with area personnel to ensure customers' jobs are serviced according to the specifications. Maintains appropriate discipline and compliance with all applicable rules and policies.
- Participates in employee performance reviews
- Encourages a positive working relationship with customers to ensure their jobs are properly serviced including the selling of products
- Directs and councils’ customers in the product(s) needed to meet job specifications
- Communicates with Dispatch Manager to schedule Mixer Operators for upcoming jobs
- Accurately records all orders, deliveries and materials inventories for the area.
- Schedules personnel, call ins, equipment, raw materials deliveries, etc. to meet customer requirements
- Arranges for timely repair / maintenance of products delivery equipment
- Compiles and publishes periodic production reports
- Ensure the most optimal mix is being used in all none specified work (the cost effective approved mix)
- Responsible for collection of COD’s
- Ensure all Hours of Service rules are followed and enforced
- Other duties or special projects as assigned by higher management
- Associate Degree
- Concrete, Aggregate and Building Products training is a plus
- Strong customer service experience
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
Dispatching, working knowledge of Concrete products
Experience 0 to 3 years
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment
- Noise level is typically moderate to loud