Sacramento, CA 95815
AtWork is seeking an Engineering Technician for our customer in Sacramento CA. This position is a possible direct hire position depending on background and experience.
Primary Job Function:
This position is to assist Project Engineer to develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:• Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize downtime and recommend solutions to Engineering.
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and troubleshoot equipment.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Quality System.
- Supports periodic volume increases through testing of production product following applicable processes and procedures.
Coordination of Technician Activities
- Escalates production issues for quick resolution.
- Looks ahead into the Furnace Schedule to prepare in advance for future furnace/bonder runs; separator sheets, performs, graph foil, prepared and cleaned parts.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand component technical manuals
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.