New York, NY
We have a client looking for an Estimator to join its New York City office. If you have a dedication to client satisfaction, accurate estimates, positive partnerships, and enjoy high profile projects then this could be the opportunity for you!
- Work in partnership with the project manager to plan the job prior to project initiation i.e. general conditions study, procurement schedule, logistics, etc.
- Completes a thorough review of all documents to ensure that they accurately reflect the conversations and agreements with the client, Architect and Engineer
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Ensures that the best bids are obtained for each trade, based on the needs of the project
- Structure a fair and comprehensive final sub bid process by incorporating all information from previous budgets, by educating all subs on the client’s view of the project, including, but not limited to detailed written scope of work, logistics, etc., so that they are all bidding on the same work
- Maintain and develop relationships to reinforce a commitment to world class customer service across the board (including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.)
- Provide recommendations in the best interest of the client
- Serve as a coach and mentor to Assistant Estimators
- 3 - 4+ years of experience in construction estimating or a related field (preferably in commercial construction).
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a fast-paced, energetic environment while producing detailed, accurate estimates on multiple and varied projects.
- Timberline (Precision Estimating) experience is a plus.
- Must reside in NYC and be open to business travel as required.
AtWork Personnel is an award-winning staffing firm and prohibits discrimination against any staff member or applicant on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, disability, creed, citizenship status, or any other legally protected characteristics