Executive Administrative Assistant
15915 Katy Freeway Suite 150 Houston, TX 77094
The Executive Assistant is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the office in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the office. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: project management, reviewing emails, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas, and compiling documents for meetings.
- Acts as the primary point of contact providing "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the office.
- Manages information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends and records minutes during meetings as requested.
- Organizes and maintains the office and electronic filing systems.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with staff, volunteers, and congregants to best coordinate a busy schedule.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the schedule is followed and respected. Must be well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Accurately tracks expenses budget by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts in a timely and accurate fashion and balances monthly budget reports.
- Prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns, recommends appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting C-Level Executives
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fund raising
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
Click here to navigate to the AtWork website and follow the link on the bottom right to register an account/ apply