West Sacramento, CA 95605
We have a great opportunity for the right candidate to become a part of a reputable and culturally diverse company in the Sacramento area. This is a Temp to hire or DH for the ideal candidate.
This position performs a variety of general to complex accounting functions for assigned department and must have advanced knowledge of clerical accounting practices and procedures, analytical ability, and strong attention to detail. Specifically, this position requires strong knowledge of fixed asset accounting, WIP, impairment requirements, purchasing, and accounts payable.
- Perform detailed analysis and reconciliation of accounts.
- Work with other departments such as accounts payable, information services, and maintenance to determine capitalization requirements
- Understand SAP and the financial services modules, general ledger, accounts payable, procurement, projects and asset accounting to identify and correct problems that arise.
- Oversee period close as it relates to asset accounting and maintenance related accounts
- Recommend, design, and implement ongoing improvements in accounting process and procedures for assigned area
- Review and validate quarter end asset roll forward reports for financial reporting packages and assist in impairment analysis
- Assist treasurer with tax provision calculations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business plus 3 or more years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education, experience or training required.
- Knowledge of general to complex accounting practices, methods, and procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong systems skills and personal computer proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to import data from various sources and convert file formats to usable PC formats
- Ability to present analysis and conclusions in a clear and concise format using charts and tables.