Food Industry Project Manager
This position will be responsible for developing and leading key performance improvement projects across the entire organization including production, supply chain, quality, sanitation, maintenance, purchasing and information systems. Reporting to the plant manager the position will include work at two facilities.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, process flows, and other information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services
- Figure out how to manufacture parts or products, or deliver services, with maximum efficiency
- Develop management control systems to make financial planning and cost analysis more efficient
- Develop standards and specifications to support company and project needs
- Utilize process mapping, data collection and analysis to arrive at viable solutions to issues
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs
- Work with customers and management to develop standards for design and production
- Design control systems to coordinate activities and production planning to ensure that products meet quality standards
- Confer with vendors and internal customers about product specifications, purchases, manufacturing capabilities, and staff about the design, needs and status of projects
- Develop project plans including objective, current status, gap analysis, tasks, owners, timeline and financial impacts
- Experience with improvement tools and techniques including statistics, financial modeling, lean and six sigma.
Prior experience in:
- Industrial food manufacturing
- Project management
- Information systems including ERP, MES, Shop Floor systems
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Interpreting precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Advanced skills in MS applications
- S. degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or industrial technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience