Quality Assurance Supervisor
Torrance, CA 90502
Supervises plant activities to ensure all products are safe and meet customer specifications as well as company quality and reliability standards. In conjunction with Corporate R&D, coordinates and supervises development and testing of new products and processes
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and directs QA techs responsible for quality control testing of plant products. Oversees maintenance of the weight and defect control programs in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Ensures manufacturing processes are capable of producing product that meets or exceeds specifications.
- Coordinates and supervises the testing and development of new products and processes.
- Ensures QA operating policies and procedures are followed.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in compliance.
- Report all food safety incidents such as ingredient and product contamination, metal detector, screen, or magnet deficiencies, glass breakage, and pest harborage to Plant Leadership Team and Corporate Food Safety Manager.
- Provide leadership in the areas of food safety, food regulatory compliance, and product / process quality.
- Encourage continuous improvement in areas of quality, food safety, and BRC elements. Perform annual verification / validation of BRC system
- Communicate quality and food safety industry, legislative, and scientific updates to plant staff
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field
- 3 years of QA supervisory experience in a food-processing, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations including basic statistical analysis
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software