Tacoma, WA 98421
- Coordinating the movement of cargo per customers’ requests based upon export bookings and import documentation in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Entry and creation of work orders into software; printing and processing of work orders which includes all necessary information and instructions accurately input for use by dispatch, operations, crews and vendors for the correct and timely handling of cargo.
- Coordinating the release of empty containers and import loads between steamship lines, dispatch, and operations.
- This includes contacting the steamship lines for equipment release and location, first availability and delivery dates, vessel c/offs and appropriate terminal for return of the loaded containers
- This can also include the coordination of inbound rail moves with customers, operations and the various rail operators, as well as assisting in resolving problems customers may incur with the various rail and steamship lines
- Coordinating work orders with operations and ensuring that all paperwork is correct, printed and supplied to the Operations Manager prior to the cargo arrival. Advise the Operations Manager and Dispatch of any upcoming volumes so that labor and trucking can respond accordingly
- Maintaining and updating customer databases promptly and accurately utilizing companies master database, Excel, Office 365 databases, Picasa, etc.
- Coordinating inspections with government entities when necessary or when requested
- Updating and maintaining current, accurate inventory records whenever applicable or requested
- Timely communication with customers, vendors, and co-workers to schedule inbound carriers; communication with dispatch regarding upcoming volumes and equipment needs; Coordinate the work schedule with operations; completion of work orders; accurate final load reports sent to customers in a timely and prompt manner
- Providing rate quotes to current and prospective customers
- Accurate and complete billing of completed work orders, to include all applicable charges based on tariff or contractual rates
- Follow up with delinquent accounts when requested to assist in resolving late payments, short pays, etc. and advising managers for further follow-up if issues are not resolved
- Excellent Computer knowledge and warehousing background
- Customer Service Oriented, Experience with invoices, quoting and calculating tariffs
- High School Diploma