General Labor (Warehouse)
San Antonio, TX 78220
Continuously grasps, sorts and grades clean textiles and then either folds by hand or feeds into an ironer or folding machine for final finishing.
Performs other tasks as required.
- Grasp textiles from a cart/bin then sort, inspect and grade according to quality standards.
- Fold, assemble and package by hand different types and sizes of textiles.
- Feed different types and sizes of textiles into ironers or folding machines.
- Place finished product onto conveyors or into carts, dump slings of product onto work tables.
- Move loaded or empty carts/bins within the production area.
- Process textiles according to type and written packing instructions.
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Work in other production positions as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
- Recognize, inspect and grade product.
- Comprehend and follow written packing instructions.
- Comprehend and follow direction.
Typical Physical Activity
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting up to 25 lbs. and stooping.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
Travel Requirements: none