Spring, TX 77380
The Human Resources Assistant reports directly to the Director Human Resources and provides day-to-day support, compliance and accuracy in the following areas: administration of hiring, onboarding and employee data management. The Assistant role has primary accountability for the administration activities involved with the full employment life cycle.
Responsibilities And Essential Duties
- Perform the administrative aspects of pre-employment process and onboarding activities (including candidate/new employee communication, scheduling, testing and on-boarding).
- When applicable, coordinate with employees on relocation assistance to ensure a smooth transition.
- Report/ provide timely notifications of new hires to internal teams, including IT, office support and management.
- Send approved communication to new hires regarding start date and first day reminders.
- Process new hire paperwork and onboarding of candidates.
- Verify accuracy of employee and/or new hire data for payroll department.
- Plan, schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
- Generates transaction forms regarding personnel changes including hiring, pay changes, promotions, transfers, retirements and terminations.
- Maintain daily updates to company organizational charts.
- Provide attention to detail, and dedication to work to ensure reliability of the work site as well as high quality product.
- Maintain system records and compile reports from HR systems or spreadsheets as requested.
- Consistently maintain and comply with department processes and procedures that support the hiring & employment functions.
- Accurately prepare and maintain employee data (Employee Actions Forms, personnel files, I’9s) timely.
- Utilize and maintain TALEO and other legacy system applications or reporting tools.
- As applicable, work as part of the project team for HRIS system upgrades, the development of new modules and site implementations and assist in testing systems functionality.
- Review department expenses for appropriate coding, documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Ensure effective and timely communication with the business areas, department peers, department direct and indirect management.
- Regularly purchase and submit expense and Procurement Card reports for Houston administrative supplies.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties and projects as assigned and needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience Required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of work-related experience.
- Proficient computer knowledge and experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Visio.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness and ability to acquire knowledge and utilize new software or applications that support Human Resources activities.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills with ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentially in all aspects of the job.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (preferred).
- 1-3 years of experience working in Human Resources, Payroll and/or Benefits.
- Advanced computer/reporting knowledge and experience in MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration