HR Assistant opportunity
Garden Grove, CA 92840
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain electronic personnel files
- Process new hire forms
- Assist with orientation
- Learn the EMS certification requirements, track upcoming expirations, file and enter employee certification information into database
- Assist with HR audits
- Scan and organize confidential HR documents
- Assist with heavy data entry
- Work with the HR team with all clerical needs
- Perform miscellaneous administrative duties and projects as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and company policies and procedures
- Occasionally back-up minimal HR Generalist activity during absence
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail
- Administrative/clerical experience.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Service mentality coupled with the energy and desire to make a positive impact in the workplace.
- An absolute commitment to confidentiality, honesty and integrity is required in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and focused on accuracy
- Team player and quick-learner
- Tactful and professional mannerism required
- Ability to work independently and with little direction
- AA or BA degree or combination of work experience and school