East Houston, TX
- Meets linen production standards and operating all equipment in a safe and efficient manner, and ensuring proper settings for each type of linen.
- Keys in proper codes on the computer to ensure that all customers’ codes and goods are stored. Monitors the operation of the machines to ensure that the pre-programmed sequence for selecting the soiled linen is operating properly.
- Utilizes PPE. Dumps soiled linen onto the conveyor at a constant speed. Sorts soiled linen from different accounts into respective classifications. Looks for and removes foreign objects from linen, including OR instruments, needles, trash, etc.; places objects in designated location.
- Uses hard hat when operating manual lift. Loads small washers by hand, entering the proper code and formula to start washers. Unloads clean linen from washers into baskets, delivering baskets to proper location.
- Checks dryer display for type of load. Loads properly-sized load into dryers, setting the appropriate time, temperature, and cool-down period.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, including floors and waste containers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Experience in a laundry facility/housekeeping
- Ability to work in a face paced environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time