Industrial Maintenance Technician
Utica, MI 48315
Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Location: Warren MI
Type: Full Time/Permanent
Maintenance Technician ( $24 - 29/hr to start) Warren, MI.
For immediate consideration email resumes to email@example.com
Primary responsibilities include machine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and improvement of complex plastics processing and ancillary equipment. The candidate will be required to perform root cause analysis, expediently develop and implement solutions and strive to increase equipment reliability, efficiency and effectiveness. Our ideal candidate ensures that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and runs efficiently; will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities; provides guidance to peers to ensure optimum production, quality and safety while minimizing cost, energy usage and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing PM's, clean and lubricate on all injection molding machines and equipment
- Modifies, repairs, and rebuilds plant machinery and equipment
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair.
- Visually inspects and troubleshoots machines and equipment to locate cause of malfunction
- Ability to measure parts to detect wear, misalignment or improper operation. - Document repair and maintenance of manufacturing machinery
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Potential duties may include: Fabrication and Installation of related trades. Performing building maintenance and general carpentry or plumbing.
- Participate in the implementation of various improvement projects; Performs installation of new equipment and or relocation of equipment. - Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience (5 years preferred) performing maintenance on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, and/or robotics systems
- Knowledge of Plastic injection molding, extrusion and/or thermoforming
- Understand the functionality of relays, motor contactors, motor starters, solid state relays, soft starts and variable frequency drives. - PLC programming is not required however familiarity with their operation and troubleshooting is needed.
- Must be able to safely trace electrical circuits with a multi-meter and wiring schematic to find faulty components.
- Knowledgeable in electrical distribution and machine controls ranging from 24 to 480 volts AC/DC
- Able to read, interpret and troubleshoot using schematic diagrams.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. - Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate positive attitude and professionalism and work within a team environment
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as required
send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org