Nashville, TN 37211
The Insurance Sales Agent is responsible for successfully executing the sales process and regularly engages sales building activities that drive the overall revenue of the Agency. This position shares the responsibility with the CSR for the sale of insurance products and handling customer contacts received either by telephone, email, mail, fax or face-to-face in the retail location. The team member will process quality customer applications, endorsements, payments, and related customer inquiries. The team member will also perform marketing activity outside the office to increase sales.
• Assess the customer needs and advise clients on insurance coverage and personal protection options.
• Provide quality quotations, pricing, and required information to new prospects and completes the sales process for each customer per company policy and procedure.
• Maintain strong knowledge of all products, pricing, and policy features available for sale.
• Complete and maintain training for all products offered by Agency (i.e. auto, roadside, hospital indemnity, motorcycle, commercial and home/renters, etc.) and other insurance companies for which they are appointed,
• Develop and maintain relationships with business partners around the community and perform outside marketing activities to drive new customers.
• Prepare quotations on customer change requests to their current policies.
• Receive and respond to all customer inquiries and complaints. Request any missing or required information from customers and follow up for that information.
• Maintain knowledge of industry competitors and provide critical market feedback to leadership regarding local competition and service needs.
• Conduct daily customer payment reminder calls.
• Follow-up routinely with customers on all open or unresolved issues including calling lapsed policy and policy renewal customers.
• Answer the telephone in a prompt, professional and courteous manner.
• Take / receive customer payments in office and over the phone.
• Report any and all conditions affecting customer satisfaction.
• Maintain appropriate records including, but not limited to; all time worked, reporting of sales activities, other reporting as required.
• Scan and send required documents daily.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• 2 years or more of prior experience in a sales related field, required
• High School diploma or GED required
• Four-year college degree preferred
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance
• P&C and/or Life license required Knowledge,