Sterling Heights, MI
Janitor Job Summary
Summary: Keeps buildings clean and orderly. Performs heavy cleaning duties, including cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish. Looking for experienced plant janitor for a busy Tier 1 manufacturing facility in Sterling Heights, MI. Janitor duties for a facility that is manufacturing bumpers for GM & Chrysler.
Essential Janitor Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects and disposes of trash following approved procedures and infection control plans.
• Dusts and damp mops floors following approved procedures.
• Moves equipment and furniture for proper cleaning and place furniture back in correct placement.
• Cleans assigned areas with the use of assigned materials and equipment.
• Sanitize all surfaces.
Follows the eight-step janitor cleaning procedure:
• Washes walls, windows, furniture, baseboards and other items to maintain a clean, safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
• Seeks out areas requiring cleaning; takes initiative to complete the janitor tasks.
• Completes all tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Performs janitor tasks in accordance with all federal, state and county guidelines.
• Strips, scrubs, buffs and refinishes floors; shampoos carpet.
• Contributes to the team; exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
• Performs other janitor duties as assigned.
Job Title: Janitor
Location: Sterling Heights, MI