Jr. EDW/BI Developer
San Antonio, TX 78216
Our client has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, our client is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, our client is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
Designs and develops ETL/data integration and reporting processes and programs to support the data warehousing and business intelligence initiatives of the FI Group. Performs data analysis and profiling, sources-to-target data mapping, job scheduling, and development and testing of ETL programs and reports. Performs interaction with data stewards and business users to resolve data questions and anomalies. Performs various production support functions.
- Designs and implements data integration modules for Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) and/or reporting functions.
- Participates in the overall development process through architecture guidance, design and code reviews, and estimate and plan assistance.
- Communicates with customers to obtain data requirements and performs data analysis on data provided.
- Develops reports and dashboards for the product and specific customer projects.
- Develops aggregation, monitoring, and alert tools and modules.
- Designs, implements, and maintains a report, monitor, and dashboard framework.
- Researches and recommends new technologies and advances, especially in the areas of business intelligence.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related field from an accredited four year college or university required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in data integration, enterprise data warehouse, business intelligence solutions design, or related experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of solutions architectural principles, data integration, data warehousing, and reporting/analysis using agile methodologies.
- Must have working knowledge of designing and developing data warehouse solutions using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Must have working knowledge of front-end tools performance design tools like Microsoft BI or Tableau.
- Working understanding of dimensional modeling methodologies.
- Must have proficient Microsoft applications, including SharePoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent technical skills to solve complex technical problems.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with non-technical individuals and develop a professional level of cooperation and rapport across the organization.
- Must be able to do periodic on-call work after business hours and weekends.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to type 35 WPM.
- Must be able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Client does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
Client offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. Opportunities for professional growth are also offered.