Lead Install Supervisor
Irmo, SC 29063
- Record and keep track of daily and weekly time.
- Meet service needs of customers with limited on site trips. (No return trips if possible.)
- Install new systems that meet Vendor specifications and meet the quality standards that we have set.
- Constantly training and growing in your skill levels to better serve the customers needs.
- Being on time to all jobs.
- Vehicle maintenance. (Your vehicles should cleaned and serviced on a regular basis.)
- Vehicle Inventory.(You should maintain a fully stocked vehicle with all parts needed for jobs at all times.)
- (All tools are provided by the company and should be kept up with and taken care of.)
- Training of all new employees to better their skills in the installation process.
- Handling all new product integration.(Learning all new products and how to integrate and install them.)
- Taking care of the installation process from start to end.
- Job Review
- Job Setup and Prep.(Gather equipment and setup vendor onsite for electrical, fire alarm etc…)
- Customer Introduction and Expectations.
- Constant Communication between customers and sales team.
- Testing and Certification (No job to be left without thorough testing.)
- After action review with sales team.
Measure of Success & Compensation
The measure of success and compensation is based on annual reviews, conducted by the Operations Director, to evaluate the achievement of the key responsibilities listed above, as well as the employees ability to build good will with team mates, vendors, and customers. Compensation is hourly with paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, 401k, & health insurance.
Required Education, Certificates, Experience, & Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer and software.