Low Voltage Lead Cabling Technician
San Antonio, TX 78258
Working as a member of a project team, the Lead Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity and ensuring high-quality work. This employee may be assigned to lead a team of 3-5 members safely and productively on a small project, with the goal of completing tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety first in everything we do. Follow safe work practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard family-centric culture.
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all aspects of the installation process
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications, and cut sheets
- Properly sets up a variety of copper and fiber testers
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as required
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots optical fiber and copper installations.
- Proactively lead teams of 3-5 Technicians and Installers to complete project tasks
- Adequately train Technicians and Installers to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of their positions.
- Assist in developing Technicians to complete all the tasks and responsibilities of a Lead Technician
- Proactively oversee and lead jobsite organization and basic housekeeping maintenance.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain a satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and troubleshooting
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Additional Responsibilities: As identified and assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Fiber Optic Association CPCT preferred. Must be earned once hired.
- Fiber Optic Association CFOT preferred. Must be earned once hired.
- In-house Certified Training Required (company provided): OSHA 30, Manufacturer Fire Stop training, Hilti Powder Actuated Tools, Scissor Lift Safety, Fall Protection, Confined Space Entry, and First Aid/CPR preferred.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years’ work experience in Structured Cabling or related industry/construction experience.
- Read, write, and understand English
- Able to distinguish color codes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross- and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given task and can help other team members do the same.
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow instructions
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members
- Exhibit a positive attitude
- Solid team player
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Willingness to work days, nights and weekends as project requires
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments
POSITION BONUS ATTRIBUTES
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications
- Obtain BICSI Installer either Level 1 or Level 2 certification
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors business office and construction environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The employee may also be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Some tools will be required to be provided by the employee during the first three months of service.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org