Maintenance Mechanic - Food Industry
Torrance CA 90502 Torrance, CA 90502
3rd Shift Industrial Maintenance Technician job opportunity with fantastic, food manufacturing plant. Great benefits and incentives. Must have experience working in a Manufacturing Plant.
Offering great benefits such as medical, 401k, school reimbursements, vacation and etc.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Mechanical ability, preventative maintenance, and continual improvement assignments.
- Good maintenance troubleshooting skills and equipment component knowledge to properly diagnose equipment failures.
- Ability to understand proper lubrication practices of bearings, chains, and gearboxes.
- Capable of using all shop and hand tools and equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Meet electrical requirements
- Able to use a voltmeter properly to identify voltage, amperage and resistance of an electrical circuit.
- Able to read and utilize electrical schematics to diagnose electrical problems.
- Able to properly electrically disconnect and reconnect DC, AC, motion control and Wye-Delta Motors.
- Able to distinguish and identify chain, sprockets, gearbox types and belts.
- Able to identify shaft sizes and material of construction.
- Able to identify and distinguish bolts and nuts sizes, applications and material of construction.
- Able to identify basic equipment parts and components for job assignments.
- Capable of tracking product conveyor belts
- Able to weld metal, stick, or Heliarc.
- Able to perform basic copper soldering
- Able to use of oxy/acetylene torch in cutting and brazing.
- Demonstrate basic refrigeration comprehension and understanding of refrigeration fundamentals, components and their functions.
Bilingual Spanish preferred