Maintenance Supervisor 2nd Shift
Torrance CA 90502 Torrance, CA 90502
PURPOSE STATEMENT: : Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and efficiency of operation of all equipment and areas of responsibility assigned by the Maintenance Manager. Supervises all assigned maintenance personnel and coordinates efforts to ensure all personnel are safely, effectively and correctly performing all daily maintenance activities to ensure maximum production quality and efficiency, while supporting the various policies, goals and objectives of RPC.
- Assigns all daily maintenance activities to assigned shift mechanics.
- Supervises all activities of assigned maintenance mechanics to ensure all mechanics are performing routine daily activities effectively, safely, and in a timely manner.
- Initiates, assigns and supervises all shift mechanics duties and responsibilities required to implement the Bakeries maintenance program based on best practices in the baking industry, with a strong emphasis on planning, scheduling and preventive maintenance
- Monitors the use and inventories of all spare parts and supplies needed for the proper maintenance and emergency repair of all assigned equipment and systems. Initiates, verifies and monitors the parts ordering conducted by his assigned maintenance personnel.
- Updates, assigns and verifies completion of all assigned equipment’s PM assignments to properly maintain the computerized maintenance management systems (Cams). Ensures accuracy of all completed assigned reports for tracking and performing PM’s, tracking spare parts consumption, maintenance performance monitoring and reporting for customer audits.
- Communicates regularly with all assigned maintenance mechanics and production leads both individually and as a group to ensure good two way communication concerning maintenance issues on all assigned equipment or area of responsibility. And to ensure all maintenance issues are acted upon quickly and effectively.
- Submits periodic performance reviews and reports of all assigned maintenance employees to determine competency, knowledge, skill sets and level of contribution to the department.
- Updates and maintains all service reports, event logs, operating, service and training manuals required by the maintenance department during his assigned shift.
- Ensures all assigned maintenance personnel are trained periodically and adhering to all policies regarding personal safety, food safety and following all operating procedures.
- Monitors and verifies parameters and conditions which all assigned production equipment is set and allowed to run at to ensure maximum performance and reliability is maintained.
- Reviews the operation of all assigned equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems, plan future repairs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Initiates and carries out small projects assigned by the Maintenance Manager that improve efficiencies, reduce operating cost or improves equipment reliability with or without project managers assistance.
- Adhere to all guidelines, mandates and parameters set by Maintenance Manager such as overtime utilization, parts purchasing procedures, and all department asset utilization guidelines to help satisfy budgetary constraints.
- Maintains a safe, healthy and comfortable work environment for all maintenance employees.
- Ensures all city, state, federal and local regulations pertaining to the maintenance personal and there activities are adhered to at all times.
- Implements and delegates out the work order program for their assigned maintenance mechanics. Supervises, distributes, completes and reviews all work orders pertaining to their assigned equipment. Ensures all assigned wok orders are completed and returned to the originator in a timely manner.
- Communicates directly with the production department leads to coordinate any maintenance activities that will effect production threw put or any repair that may increase the risk of having a food safety issue during assigned shift.
- Responsible to respond, investigate and resolve all equipment related product contamination issues that occur during assigned shift quickly and permanently.
- Communicates with the QC department to ensure that their assigned mechanics are effectively participating in, adhering to and implementing all QA policies and procedures regarding food safety while any maintenance duties are performed.
- Communicates directly with the Sanitation department to ensure that their assigned mechanics are effectively participating in, adhering to and following sanitations procedures to ensure plant cleanliness while any maintenance duties are performed.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality. Follows established work schedule.
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude; cooperate with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, as applicable. Reports any incidents of harassment to his Supervisor or Human Resources Manager.
- Must be able to take direction and follow instructions.
- Must work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions or injuries to his Supervisor or Safety Manager immediately.
- Must be willing to comply with other duties, as assigned by upper management.
- Responsible to ensure entire assigned maintenance staff is properly supervised while performing all maintenance activities.
- Ensure all assigned maintenance mechanics carry out their responsibilities in accordance with all the Bakeries policies and applicable laws.
- Assist with training of all new maintenance personnel assigned to shift.
- Directly responsible for the planning, assigning, scheduling, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding , disciplining, addressing complaints, resolving issues and imposing disciplinary action of all assigned maintenance employees.
- Must regularly perform preventative maintenance or repairs to equipment personally in cases were alternative means of resolving issues are not present.
- Must be available to be contacted by maintenance personnel and reasonably available to report to work in cases of emergency.
- Must be available to represent RPC in any litigation or hearing pertaining to their duties.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work on ladders, scissor lifts, scaffolding and other high precarious places safely and effectively.
- Must be able to work around electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and thermodynamic equipment safely.