Torrance CA 90502 Torrance, CA 90502
Opportunity to work for a growing Innovative Food Manufacturing Plant in Torrance as a 2nd shift Maintenance Supervisor. You will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and efficiency of operation of all equipment and areas of responsibility assigned by the Maintenance Manager. You will Supervises all assigned maintenance personnel and coordinates efforts to ensure all personnel are safely, effectively and correctly performing all daily maintenance activities to ensure maximum production quality and efficiency, while supporting the various policies, goals and objectives of the bakery.
1. Ensure maintenance staff is properly supervised while performing all maintenance activities.
2. Ensure maintenance mechanics carry out there responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
3. Assist with training of all new maintenance personnel assigned to shift.
4. Responsible for the planning, assigning, scheduling, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding , disciplining, addressing complaints, resolving issues and imposing disciplinary action of all assigned maintenance employees.
5. Perform preventative maintenance or repairs to equipment.
6. Regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move 50 pounds.
7. Able to work around electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and thermodynamic equipment safely.
8. Bilingual Spanish Preferred.
9. At least 5 years of experience leading a Maintenance Staff in the food industry.