Wake Forest, NC 27587
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!! Our manufacturing client seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to manage the activities of the maintenance personnel and operational readiness of equipment and fixtures for the plant.
- Great company benefits including Health care and 401k
- Serve as a member of the company’s safety effort. Conduct departmental safety meetings; enforce the company’s safety regulations and work closely with the safety representatives/personnel to provide on-going safety improvements.
- Plan the daily scheduling of maintenance personnel and their activities. Develop procedures for improving equipment maintenance and performance to increase “up-time”.
- Work with outside vendors and equipment manufacturers; order and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Perform various administrative tasks to include: Tracking labor hours, utilizing KRONOS timekeeping system, performance evaluations, recording statistics for planning purposes, and filling out purchase orders.
- Hire, train, discipline and coach maintenance personnel on both Preventive and Corrective maintenance requirements. Responsible for the general supervision of the maintenance department.
- Responsible for the maintenance of complicated CNC automated equipment valued in excess of several hundred thousand dollars each.
- Provide minor repairs and improvements for internal fabrication plant facilities. Works with the Fabrication Manager on larger repairs and projects as needed.
- Responsible for the overall supervision of maintenance personnel assigned to multiple shifts.
- Plan for the installation of large capital projects.
- Formal technical training from a technical college or an AA degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or comparable discipline preferred.
- Five years progressive responsibility within a manufacturing maintenance arena.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and firm understanding of mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Manufacturing maintenance with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Require organization, prioritization, discretion and good judgment in decision making and interpretation of information.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and accept responsibility.
- Ability to utilize time management to set and adjust priorities to maximize plant equipment effectiveness and think strategically to balance immediate needs with long-term objectives.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects with critical deadlines. Ability to identify and utilize a variety of resources to complete assignments.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and implement solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to lead and direct individuals to accomplish department and company objectives.
- Ability to be sensitive and show positive regard for fellow associates and team and motivate individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of personal computers including: MS Office, Word, Excel, and company designed software programs.