Jacksonville, FL 32218
Temp-to-perm position for a manufacturing facility close to the Jacksonville International Airport. Under general supervision, repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties. MUST HAVE OWN TOOLS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates drill press, lathe, mill, welder, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Repairs electrical equipment using test equipment (i.e. volt meter).
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must Have Own Tools.
- Employment dependent on successful completion of background check and drug screen.
Education & Experience
- Technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using weight measurements, volume, and distance.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Since 1992, AtWork has built its core foundation around meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of its clients and employees. AtWork candidates are interviewed, screened, counseled, and evaluated for the skills that ensure the best possible match to our clients. Quite simply, we are AtWork for you!
At AtWork, we are committed to assisting our employees on the road to professional success. We are a highly reputable organization with offices located across the country. We take care of our employees by offering a variety of benefit options. We work hard to find the best possible fit for you and our client. We offer bonuses and incentives as well as taking care to reward our employees.
Benefits of the Housekeeping Specialist include:
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee appreciation events
- Direct Deposit
- Pay card
- Software training and tutorials
- Resume assistance
- Interviewing tips