Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Compensation: D.O.E. - Full Medical/Dental/Vision
2 weeks paid vacation in the 1st year!
Maintenance Mechanic : This position consists of repairing and maintaining all production and facility equipment, new equipment installations, and maintaining established preventative maintenance programs. The qualified candidate will have experience in Machine building/repair, Plant maintenance, Machine tool electrician or Millwright, must be proficient in reading electrical/mechanical prints, and must have good attendance record.
- Repair and maintain high speed production equipment.
- Install new equipment.
- Follow established P.M. program
- Machine/line troubleshooting
- Rebuilding equipment Job.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience with electrical/mechanical machine repair.
- Experience with welding and pipe fitting.
- Proficient in reading electrical/mechanical prints.
- Ability to use all shop tool
- Ability to lift up to 55lbs regularly.
- Ability to stand, bend, or kneel for long periods of time
Responsibilities and Duties
Maintenance Technicians Responsibilities
- Must understand electrical safety practices for high voltage circuits
- Must understand hydraulic and mechanical safety practices
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical schematics
- Must be able to trouble shoot and debug electrical circuits
- Must be able to read and comprehend hydraulic system schematics
- Must be able to trouble shoot and repair hydraulic circuits
- Must have working computer knowledge
- Must be able to understand ladder logic
- Must have basic PLC programming abilities to include; opening and reviewing program files, manipulating existing logic, adding I/O to logic and hardware
- Allen Bradley and Direct Logic platform knowledge is desired
- Must have basic integration skills
- Must have ability to use ARC, MIG and TIG welders
- Must have basic operational skills of vertical mill, lathe, and cutting equipment
- Must have ability to work unsupervised
- Must be willing to continue education in career field
- Associates Degree with two years’ experience in technical field desired