Hialeah, FL 33014
The mammography tech is responsible for detecting breast tissue abnormalities by completing mammography imaging studies; presenting them for diagnosis.
- Greets patients by confirming patient identification; reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions; confirming anticipated service with patients.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of imaging procedures; explaining equipment; answering questions.
- Conducts mammography study by positioning breasts; adjusting compression mechanisms; instructing patient to hold breath; retreating to lead protected area; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; activating equipment to take image; releasing compression mechanisms; preparing for next positioning and view.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques.
- Maintains production and quality of mammograms by following established standards and procedures; developing mammograms; observing mammogram results; determining necessary adjustments for optimum results; retaking mammograms as required; forwarding completed studies to radiologist for interpretation.
- Ensures operation of mammography equipment by completing preventive maintenance; instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories.
- Keeps mammography supplies and patient drapes ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; collecting and processing laundry.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures.
- Documents patient mammogram services by completing patient record charting.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current BLS
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic technology training in an AMA-approved school and ability to meet requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and/or Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Mammographic Radiologic Technology certified.
- Able to operate sophisticated computer equipment
- Strong interest in scientific and technical skill and knowledge
- Able to interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured
- Able to communicate effectively
- Able to perform well independently
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Exact and precise
- Highly self-motivated