Manufacturing Operations Assistant
Jacksonville, FL 32246
At Work Personnel is working with a manufacturing company on the southside of Jacksonville, Fl for their search of a Manufacturing Operations Assistant. The Manufacturing Operations Assistant oversees inventory management and all aspects of the shipping/receiving function. This position works closely with customers, sales department and vendors to provide exceptional customer service and ensure regulatory requirements are in place.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures regulatory compliance by providing required certifications to customers and verifying accuracy of vendor certifications.
- Assists in all aspects of shipping function, including but not limited to: preparing shipping labels, box labels and bills of lading, preparing sample slips for sample requests, production entries and preparing end of day UPS documents.
- Updates database with received materials, ensures accurate levels of materials in warehouse for customer orders.
- Invoices customer orders and processes credit card transactions at time of shipment.
- Provides customer service by responding to inquiries, providing quotations for product and resolving shipping issues.
- Enters new customers and part numbers in database as needed.
- Assists in purchasing from vendors and processing customer purchase orders.
- Assists in general office duties and routine office correspondence.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate Degree
- One (1) year of experience in general manufacturing office environment.
- Good with Math conversions
- Strong communication and analytical skills.