Material Handler- Manufacturing
Raleigh, NC 27616
Our client is large manufacturer in Raleigh, NC and is seeking an experienced Material Handler. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!!
- Great climate controlled work environment and culture
- 1st shift: M-F 7am-3pm
- OT during busy periods
- Excellent benefits (Healthcare, PTO & 401k)
Performs the physical and administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Lifts items and may operate various material handling devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records; examines incoming shipments for damage or shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify; completes paperwork or forms required for documentation.
- Determines method of shipment utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates; prepares materials for shipping by weighing, packaging and stamping; prepares necessary shipping forms such as bills of lading.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage.
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items.
- Participates in ordering or purchasing standard stock items.
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- General computer knowledge.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Clean background & drug free
Qualified candidates can contact us M-F 8am-5pm at (919) 364-4400 or apply at www.atwork.com/raleigh