Houston, TX 77094
The successful candidate must have a working knowledge of materials, manufacturing and fabrication methods, as well as industry standards that are applicable to equipment and systems used in the production, transportation, and the refining of crude oil and natural gas. The candidate should be able to interface with clients, prepare technical proposals and reports, and work either individually and on a team when required. The individual will be able to independently establish and implement requirements for: materials selection and evaluation, manufacturing/fabrication, welding and inspection of equipment consistent with the basis of design or similar project requirements. Additionally, the engineer must also be able to identify materials degradation mechanisms for equipment and systems based upon process conditions and test data. Finally, he/she must also be able to help clients establish and implement inspection and testing methods to ensure the mechanical integrity and performance of upstream, midstream, and downstream facilities.
- Masters or PhD degree in metallurgical, materials, or corrosion engineering from an accredited university (required)
- 5+ years continuous employment as a practicing metallurgical or corrosion engineer (preferred)
- Registered professional engineer (PE) or the ability to become registered (required)
- A detailed working knowledge related to applicable codes and industry standards such as API 6A, API 5L, NACE MR0175/ISO 15156, ASME BPVC Sections VIII and IX, and ASME B31 (required).
- Willing to travel on occasion and work in a variety of environments including refineries, power plants, offshore platforms, and industrial shops. Travel could be worldwide, and the applicant must be able to obtain a passport without restrictions (required)
- Experience at a major oil company or a consulting firm working on upstream and midstream (gas processing) capital projects is highly desirable. Previous experience as a consultant is preferred but not required
- Must be eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship or the need for future sponsorship