Medical Billing and Coding
Houston, TX 77057
We are looking for a Medical Billing and Coding Employee.
Medical billing coder uses a system of coding to categorize patients and their ailments for the purpose of billing, record keeping, archiving and cataloging.
- Acts as a communication link between a billing office and a care provider's office
- Files and retrieves medical records and also reviews patient information for preexisting conditions and other health concerns
- Should know and understand medical terminology and searching the medical providers documentation to identify all diagnoses, conditions, reasons for treatment, services and procedures recorded
• Responsible for maintaining coding compliance for multi-specialty clinic.
• Responsible for maintaining current ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT and coding skills.
• Review/Audit insurance denials related to coding questions in a timely manner, providing remedy as needed.
• Customer service driven.
• Understanding of medical terminology and insurance laws/guidelines.
• Excellent organization and time management skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to learn quickly, build and maintain long term relationships and work with minimal supervision.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Analytical, organizational and time management skills
1-3 years experience
This is a temporary position.
Apply immediately at https://system.atwork.com/OnLineApp/index.jsp?db=JP