Medical Office Receptionist
San Antonio, TX 78240
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Medical terminology fluency.
- Excellent telephone skills and office etiquette.
- Knowledge of patient billing procedures.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Warm outgoing personality.
- Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Assure the readiness of the reception are for each working day; open the building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
- Greet patients and agency visitors; direct all people to the appropriate location and services.
- Register patients according to agency protocols.
- Determine the financial status of patients and their insurance eligibility for Enhanced Wellness services.
- Assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms and document all information according to agency protocols.
- Collect fees according to agency protocols; prepare and balance daily financial registers and submit all forms and fees to billing department.
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for frond desk operations.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Secure the building at the close of each working day according to agency protocols and lock all entrances.
- Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of patients; assure patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in staff and educational meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.